|Peace, Chapter 1 (part 2 of 2)|
by Julian X  /  scripts  /  7 Jul 2007
1. A shot of Irene being punched in the stomach by Thug #2, doubling her over.
2. A shot of Irene falling to the floor, being kicked on the way down by Thug #2.
3. A shot of Irene on the floor, being kicked and punched by all three thugs.
4. A shot from Irene’s P.O.V. The floor is roughly vertical. We see the head of the assistant, the open back of the skull and the bloody mess inside fully visible. And we see a couple feet of the thugs. But we also see detritus from the wrecked kitchen, including a fairly large knife.
5. A shot of Irene’s head being stomped.
1. A shot of Thug #1 holding Irene’s legs up and around him. He’s standing and kicking her crotch with his boots, slamming his foot down repeatedly. Thug #1: “I’ll warm ‘er up for you.”
2. A shot of Thug #2 kneeling over her bruised face. He spits on it. Thug #2: “Bitch.”
3. A tier-wide shot of Irene’s body, limp on the floor. Thug #2 is kneeling by her bruised face, but looking out at the others. Thug #1 is still kicking her crotch with his boots. Thug #3 is kicking her side. Thug #2: “Okay, stop.”
4. A shot of her limp body on the floor, battered and bruised, utterly limp and beaten. The hair a mess, the blood from the assistant by her feet. The three thugs stand around her feet, looking down on her.
1. A shot of Thug #2, kneeling between her legs, tearing off her clothes.
2. A shot of Thug #2, lying between her legs, lifting her battered legs.
3. A close-up on Irene’s open but dazed eyes. Caption: “When I felt him push in, I knew I was in hell. Irene Nakiotomo was dead.”
4. A black panel. Caption: “I don’t remember much of him or the next one. I could barely stay conscious from the beating.”
5. A shot of Irene’s limp body being flipped over by Thug #1. We see her ass but not her vagina. Thug #1: “I’ve always wanted to do this.”
6. A small shot of Thug #1 lighting up a cigarette.
7. A small shot of Thug #1 smoking, breathing in deeply. The cigarette burns fast.
8. A small shot of Thug #1 smoking, exhaling.
1. A shot of Thug #1 putting the cigarette out on her ass.
2. An extreme close-up of the cigarette on the skin.
3. A shot of Irene’s eyes, open with a bit more vigor but still dazed and confused. Thug #1 (off-panel): “Always wanted to do that, man.”
4. A shot of Thug #1’s crotch as he finishes zipping up. Thug #1 (from above the panel border): “I’m gonna check the place for valuables.”
5. A shot of Irene’s eyes, slightly closing again. Thug #2 (in a balloon without an arrow): “If you’re going, I’m going too.” Thug #3 (in a balloon without an arrow): “Hey, I waited for both of you! You ain’t takin’ the loot on my turn.” Thug #1 (in a balloon without an arrow): “Relax, we’ll split it.”
6. A shot of Thug #3 looking down at the near-unconscious Irene. The other two are out of the room. The corpse is rather visible, his blood smeared everywhere. Thug #3: “Fuck. May cost me loot, I best get it good from you. Fuckin’ blood all over the floor.”
7. A large-ish shot of a limp, almost entirely nude, bruised Irene being pushed by Thug #3 onto the glass-topped kitchen table, back up.
1. A black panel. Caption: “Between the cigarette and his choice of orifice, I perk right up.”
2. A shot from Irene’s P.O.V. She’s looking down at the floor from atop the glass-topped table. There’s assorted detritus and some blood on the floor. Caption: “He tears it up. Really makes it hurt.”
3. A similar shot, only now she’s looking down, towards her feet. We see her feet dangling slightly off the ground. Near them, but slightly under the table and to the side, we see a knife among the detritus on the floor. Caption: “Not the lingering pain of a beating. That acute burning, searing that wakes you up, worse than you ever imagined. And inside.”
4. A close-up on the knife. Caption: “And I know what he reminds me of.”
5. A shot of Irene as a girl, begging on the streets. Two boys, older than she, are approaching her. Caption: “When those two boys accosted me as a girl.”
6. A shot of the two of them standing in Irene’s personal space. One is yelling at her. Caption: “The one that yelled at me, he’d called me a slut and all kinds of terrible names neither of us really understood. I’d talked back.”
7. A shot of the yelling boy’s hand, holding a glistening knife. Caption: “And then he’d pulled the knife.”
8. A shot of the girl Irene kneeing the knife-carrying boy in front of her in the balls. Caption: “And then I’d kneed him in the balls.”
A full-page shot of Irene on the glass-topped table, though now as seen from below. Her breasts and face are pressed against the glass. The edge of the shot cuts out their genitals, but we see her feet dangling underneath the table. In other words, she’s bent forward over the table with her feet off the ground. Caption: “These guys are scum. Thugs with uneducated accents and gruff mannerisms. Just like the boys I grew up with. And I know how to handle them.”
1. A shot from behind Thug #3 as he’s fucking her. From the position we just saw her in, she’s suddenly gone past flat, both her legs all the way up between his, so far up that they obscure his dangling balls and seem pressed into his body.
2. A shot from the side as he’s pulling out and his hands are going shooting down for his balls. Meanwhile, her legs are swinging back under the table, the momentum of which is carrying her upper body back and into the air, towards the table’s edge. Hide his genitalia if possible. Caption: “He’s bent inside of me (which hurts me like hell) and his first instinct is to step back and hold his balls as he screams.”
3. A similar shot, only now he’s stepped back and is holding his balls while her body is just past pivoting on the edge of the table and is now falling to the floor. Caption: “As my legs swing back under, I’m sent back off the table.”
4. A shot from above and slightly behind him as her head and shoulders hit the ground behind him, her having fallen between his legs. He’s staggering backwards a bit. Caption: “I feel his erection slam the back of my head on the way down. The momentum carries me between his legs.”
5. A close-up of her hand grabbing the knife. Caption: “Fortunately, he’s still standing.”
1. A tier-wide shot of her on the ground and him above her, as seen from the side. The top edge of the panel stops just under his testicles. He’s staggering backwards. Her legs are slightly crumpled under the table, resting on some detritus and each other. Her shoulder is directly under his testicles. She’s looking up at them, her teeth gritted. Her right arm is fully extended, the knife barely visible at the end of it, right straight up between his legs. Caption: “And I just stab upward.”
2. A similar shot, only not as tall as he’s collapsing downwards and backward, his ass falling towards her face as she’s pulling the knife out. Her face is turning towards the side, her eyes wide, realizing what’s happening. A trail of blood follows the arc of the knife. Caption: “I see him falling back onto me.”
3. A similar shot. Here we have him sitting on her face, his bloody hands shielding his genitals from our view. Her face is turned to the side but blood’s running down it. Her right arm has reached out and away from him. Caption: “I turn my head just in time for it to be hit by his torn-open scrotum.”
1. A similar shot, only here she’s turning the knife in her hand. Caption: “The texture of a severed testicle and a half against my cheek, it takes me a moment to stab again.”
2. A similar shot, only here her arm with the knife is stabbing into the side of his chest. Caption: “I’m tasting his scrotal blood by the time I feel the knife against the ribs.”
3. A shot of her getting up from under him. She’s still holding the knife. Caption: “Then I can, at last, push him off.”
4. A shot of her standing, her face and a good portion of her nude body covered in blood. She’s holding the knife. He’s on the floor, not looking too good. His genitals are hidden by the camera angle and her body, which is blocking them. We see his gun on the countertop. Caption: “Then I remember hearing the other two running down the steps.”
5. A close-up of her grabbing the gun. Caption: “And I notice the gun.”
1. A shot of Thug #1 just slightly entering the kitchen, as if in slow motion, running quickly.
2. A second later, a bullet exploding something just over his shoulder as he’s a little further into the room, lifting his gun up.
3. A second later, a bullet tearing through his upper chest on the side. Thug #3 is slightly entering and already drawing his gun.
4. A similar shot, only a second later as Thug #3 is hit in the shoulder that has entered the room as Thug #1 is falling.
5. A second later, Thug #1 falling as Thug #3 is sent spinning around by the force of the impact, momentum still carrying him forward. A bullet explodes something just to the side of him. Thug #3’s gun goes off as he is spinning, sending a bullet off at a strange angle.
6. A second later, Thug #1 on the ground as Thug #3, still spinning, is hit in the neck.
7. A second later as Thug #3 is falling.
1. A shot of Irene standing over Thug #1 and Thug #3 at the entrance to the room. Thug #1 is still moving, reaching for his dropped gun. Thug #3 has a hole in his neck and is clearly going nowhere.
2. A shot of Irene picking up Thug #1’s dropped gun.
3. A shot of Irene pointing it at Thug #1, who’s lying on the ground. Thug #1: “Don’t! Don’t! Don’t!”
4. A shot of Irene firing the gun.
1. A shot of Thug #1 screaming and grabbing his crotch, which has blood on it.
2. A shot of Irene holding the gun to Thug #1’s head as Thug #1 screams.
3. A shot of Irene firing the gun in this position.
4. A shot of Irene firing the gun into Thug #3’s head. He’s probably dead, a gurgling hole in his neck, but she’s taking no chances.
1. A shot of Irene standing over Thug #2 in the kitchen. He’s bleeding profusely from the chest, but it’s a side wound. He’s also bleeding profusely from his groin. He’s barely conscious and going nowhere, but he’s looking up at her.
2. A shot of him looking up at her as she points the gun against his head.
3. A shot of Irene with the gun against his head. Caption: “There’s a million things I want to say, but none of it matters.”
4. A shot of Irene blowing his head open.
A single shot. Here we have an angled overhead shot of the messy kitchen area. It’s a massacre. And a wreck. Irene is standing still, naked and bloody. Caption: “I’m terribly beaten, semi-conscious, I can still feel them inside me, and suddenly it dawns on me.”
The same shot, broken into about thirty-two panels (a four by four grid on each page) in the Frank Miller style. The captions are now also slightly off, at slight angles.
Caption #1: “I’m a murderer.”
Caption #2: “I’ve just killed three people. In my kitchen.”
1. A close-up on Irene’s hand dropping the gun.
2. A close-up on the gun bouncing on the blood- and brain-stained floor.
3. A shot of Tommy smiling at the camera -- at her, as she remembers it. He looks dashing and in love.
4. A shot of Irene demurring to Tommy. Irene: “I’m a virgin.”
5. A shot of Thug #2’s face, tense as he’s raping her.
6. A shot from Irene’s P.O.V., looking down through the glass tabletop during the rape. The panel is shaking, shattered, reminiscent of the crayon drawings of rape and incest survivors.
7. A shot of Tommy and Irene in bed together, lying beside each other. She seems very much in love.
8. A shot of Irene’s blood-covered face.
9. A shot of Irene as a child, begging on the streets.
10. A shot of Tommy’s car, parked in front of his nice house.
11. A shot of Tommy kissing Irene at their wedding.
12. A shot of the name “Irene Nakiotomo” on a piece of paper.
13. A shot of Irene riding with Tommy in the back of their car. Irene is looking at him lovingly.
14. A shot of Tommy in bed, lying back against the pillow, arms folded behind his head, smiling.
15. A shot of Irene’s father talking to her, looking down at her. The camera is near her, looking up at him. She’s a teenager. Irene’s father: “Don’t pay attention to those boys. You want to wear white at your wedding.”
16. A shot of Irene in church, looking up at the crucifix.
1. A large shot of Irene sitting at the bloody glass-top kitchen table, drinking coffee. The image is fractured into eight smaller panels, the captions running over the gutters of these panels but basically one per panel. The captions are at slight angles, expressing her disturbance. Caption #1: “Wait for Tommy. Wait for Tommy.” Caption #2: “Oh, God. Tommy’s dead.” Caption #3: “He’s never not come home before.” Caption #4: “He’s my life.” Caption #5: “The cops are coming.” Caption #6: “They’re dead.” Caption #7: “More thugs are coming.” Caption #8: “I’m shaking.”
2. A close-up on Irene’s hand resting on the table, feeling the glass tabletop with the palm and fingers of her hand. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “Table on palm and fingertips.” Caption #2: “Feeling it.”
3. A close-up of Irene’s coffee, resting on the bloody table. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “I was raped here.” Caption #2: “I died here.”
1. A shot of Irene in the bathroom, washing her face. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “Get it off.” Caption #2: “Wash it away.”
2. A shot of Irene in the shower, as seen from outside the shower. Very sexy, ironically. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “Clean myself, wash myself out inside.” Caption #2: “Minutes. Minutes ago. Their semen inside me.”
3. Another shot of Irene in the shower, though now as seen from inside the shower. Again, ironically very sexy, though she’s visibly distressed. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “Get it out get it out clean their sweat on me torn dirty.” Caption #2: “Trying and trying, but I just wouldn’t get clean.”
1. A large shot of Irene taking a dress from the many dozens in her massive closet. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “I have no idea what to do.” Caption #2: “Get dressed, get the day started. Tommy will be home any minute.”
2. A shot of Irene, dressed, combing her hair. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption #1: “Clean clothes.” Caption #2: “Look presentable, look clean.”
3. A close-up of Irene’s face in the mirror, a tear just starting as she’s putting on make-up. The captions are still at slight angles. Caption: “Oh, Tommy, if only they’d killed me.”
4. A shot of Irene, dressed, sitting on the bed. She’s staring off into space.
5. A similar shot. Irene’s looking down as one does when looking for something to interest us or distract us. The caption is not at an angle. Caption: “I feel like an idiot.”
1. A shot of Irene entering the bloody scene of the kitchen. Caption #1: “He’s not coming. Dead or not, he’s not coming.” Caption #2: “I have to get out of here.”
2. A shot of Irene on the phone. Caption: “I call a cab.”
3. A shot of Irene putting money into her purse. Caption: “There are four bodies in the kitchen, three of which I killed, one brutally. Either the cops or more thugs will be here eventually.”
4. A shot of Irene putting a gun into her purse. Caption: “I feel dirty. I’ve got to get out of here.”
5. A shot of Irene looking through the front window. Caption: “I’m dead here.”
A full-page shot of Irene exiting her house and walking to a waiting cab in front of the house. Somewhere on the house is the number: 263. Somewhere else is the name “Nakiotomo”. Caption: “I died here.”
1. A shot of Irene entering the cab.
2. A shot through the cab window as Irene instructs the cab driver. Caption: “I tell him to head to my parents.”
3. A shot through the cab window as Irene looks back at the house.
4. A shot from Irene’s P.O.V. as she looks through the window at the house. There are incomplete bloody footprints from her heeled shoes leading from the house to the curb. Caption: “I’ve nowhere else to go.”
5. A similar shot, only now the car’s pulling away and she’s looking back at her house.
6. A close-up on a bloody footprint near the curb.
subscribe to site or just to scripts